Saturday, December 20, 2008

Corn Chowder and Cheese ball

Instead of posting recipes on my crafting blog I've decided to start a recipe blog. I love cooking/baking (just need someone to do the clean-up). If you have a recipe you really like don't be shy - let me know what it is - I'll try it and post it here.

Today I made Corn Chowder for lunch.

CORN CHOWDER


1 pkg. bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small onion
Fry together until onion is soft and bacon is done.

Add to following in large pot:

2 tins cream of mushroom soup
2 tins creamed corn
3 medium potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
pepper to taste
6 cups milk


Cook on med-high heat stirring often (it does stick on very easily) until potatos are done.
Really good with grilled cheese sandwich.

I also made an Almond Puff Pastry with a recipe I found on Jeanine's Blog The Baking Beauties, and a recipe for Lemon Bars that I found on Cara's Blog Bovine Bubbles and Hogwash.

Plus some cheese ball, a recipe that I've made for years.




CHEESE BALL

1/4 lb. grated cheddar cheese
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 - 3/4 c. crushed crackers
2-3 chopped green onions
2-3 chopped pickles
chopped green pepper
chopped celery (1 stalk)


Mix all ingredients. Add enough mayonnaise to hold mixture together. (takes quite a bit as the cracker crumbs absorb moisture). Line a bowl with saran wrap and fill with mixture. Refrigerate. When ready to use, unmold the mixture onto a platter and arrange an assortment of crackers around the cheese ball.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that corn chowder recipe sounds AWESOME (and easy). I am interested in that cheese ball, as well. Thanks for sharing. Glad you joined us at TMTT, this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been searching for a yummy corn chowder recipe! My son loves the corn chowder at WaWa which is our local gas station : ). I hate paying so much for a little tub of it when I could make a whole pot for the same price : ). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corn chowder sounds good and not too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can go for some corn chowder right now. You make some and I will clean up, promise :)
    The cheese ball looks good too!

    Happy TMTT and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo! That corn chowder recipe sounds great. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete